Monday, September 15, 2008

Mon Sept 15??? I think

The last of an amazing trip.(At least with the girls). They leave late Wednesday then I spend some time with my neice in New Jersey and Tom comes up on Sun. It has been a wonderful trip. We made it to NYC. 2400 miles on the car and not one incident. (maybe one little one) and oh yea that parking ticket in VA at the beach. Literally 12 minutes and they gave me a ticket. 12 MINUTES!

They enjoy NY but appreciated Washington DC better. Free museums, very clean city and the metro a bit more convienient. Yesterday we took the rental car to LaGuardia, took a bus that went through Harlem from the airport ( I only had Aryuna with me). Stayed around times square til about midnight.

Today we went to the largest Russian District in the US at least thats what the internet said- It was 2 metro stops from Coney Island (that was less than I expected) I guess in 1940 it was very impressive.

We bought Russian snacks, ate fabulous authentic Russian food and spoke with many Russians-OK I didnt but the girls did. It is funny they are having trouble speaking Russian- its taking some extra time to find the words they are searching for.

Saw the Brooklyn Bridge and got some great seats to Chicago. You have to love same day ticket prices in NYC. The girls were speechless. They said they have no words to express what they felt and saw. That was a great response.

We are staying at a Hostel in Manhatten-Its great a metro stop 2 blocks in the upper WEST side there are 3 bunk beds and we are all in one room sharing with Danielle from Paris however she is not a she but a he yes I was quite suprised when I realized we were sharing a room with a man- but a very kind man. This is his first trip to US he is 35 and traveling alone.

I usually write and the girls usually post photos so we will see how it goes once they are gone. This web site isnt the most user friendly site but I do like the protection it gives vs facebook or my space.

Tomorrow is China town, statue of Liberty, Staton Island (never been there). Im sure Im forgetting something but Ill update as I remember.

Miss you guys and thinking of you all often.

3 comments:

Tillie,Tay & Bogey said...

Wow thats a busy trip but sounds Great! We sure had the best time up there in Mass. too ! I'd never seen such beautiful landscape and the weather! oh the weather was soooo nice. -sigh
Its just like normal round here, nuttin to report, I guess. But we LOVE YOU!!!
Miss u 2 ! L,K,L,M,B,J, & Katy-bug

Anonymous said...

sounds awesome!!! I wanna see Chicago in NY!!!! what an amazing experice for all of you and Thank you for making a differnce in their life over the past few weeks...I know they will never forget it!!!

Love and hugs!

Anonymous said...

we are realy very happy, and so glad that we've met our mum, it's unbelievable experience in our life!LISA is WONDERFUL!!!WE LOVE HER, AND ARE WAITING FOR HER IN RUSSIA!!